Jul 19, 2018AARP’s TV for Grownups to spotlight the shows and stars that resonate with the 50+ audience, the largest TV-watching demographic
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Following in the footsteps of its influential Movies for Grownups® Awards, AARP today announced the debut of its TV for Grownups Honors® on July 24, 2018, at the Sunset Tower Hotel. The program will celebrate the career achievement of iconic television pioneer Norman Lear. Academy Award, Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actress Rita Moreno will present the award to Lear. The event will be hosted by actress Wendie Malick, with notable guests including Dick Van Dyke, Frances Fisher, Marla Gibbs, Bob Saget, Adrienne Barbeau, Chuck Lorre and more.
Apr 24, 2018Study Highlights Opportunities to Attract Boomers to Theatres
WASHINGTON, DC—Baby Boomers remain a significant part of the movie-going audience with over 70 percent of this population going to the movie theatre and experiencing its amenities. However, there are significant gaps in this audience’s awareness of new theatre offerings/attractions and premium experiences. A new study released today by AARP, “What Boomers Want: Insights into Cinema Experience Preferences and Behaviors,” examines the specific preferences of movie-goers in an effort to reveal what Boomers want from their movie- going experience as well as reasons why they may not choose to go to theatres more frequently.
- Feb 6, 2018AARP The Magazine Celebrates the Winners of the 17th Annual Movies for Grownups® Awards in Los AngelesAppearances by Helen Mirren, Gary Oldman, Annette Bening, Saoirse Ronan, Blythe Danner, Mark Hamill, Guillermo del Toro, Aaron Sorkin, Willem Dafoe, Jason Clarke, Alfre Woodard, Ben Mendelsohn, Alan Cumming, Betty Gabriel, Richard Jenkins, Rian Johnson, Laurie Metcalf, Marcus Henderson, Michael Gracey and more
LOS ANGELES, CA — AARP The Magazine’s 17th Annual Movies for Grownups® Awards were held tonight at the Beverly Wilshire, Beverly Hills, celebrating 2017’s standout films with unique appeal to movie lovers with a grownup state of mind and recognizing the inspiring artists who make them. Co-produced by the Great Performances series, the awards will be broadcast for the first time on Friday, February 23 at 9 p.m. on PBS, (check local listings), pbs.org/gperf and PBS apps.
- Jan 30, 2018Alfre Woodard, Jason Clarke, Mark Hamill, Saoirse Ronan, Ben Mendelsohn, Shari Belafonte, Willem Dafoe, Kelly Marie Tran, Doug Jones, Michael Gracey, Molly Bloom and others join award-winning actor and host Alan Cumming at a Star-Studded Evening on Monday, Feb. 5 in Los Angeles
WASHINGTON, DC—AARP announced today the official presenters for the 17th Annual Movies for Grownups® Awards. Alfre Woodard, Jason Clarke, Mark Hamill, Saoirse Ronan, Ben Mendelsohn, Shari Belafonte, Willem Dafoe, Kelly Marie Tran, Doug Jones, Michael Gracey, Molly Bloom and others will join host Alan Cumming at the star-studded event that will be celebrated on Monday, February 5th at the Beverly Wilshire, Beverly Hills. The awards celebrate 2017’s standout films with unique appeal to movie lovers with a grownup state of mind and recognize the inspiring artists who make them.
- Jan 17, 2018The Best Movies for Grownups to be Honored at the Annual Awards in Los Angeles on Monday, February 5, Hosted by Actor Alan Cumming
WASHINGTON, DC—AARP The Magazine is pleased to announce the nominees for the upcoming 17th Annual Movies for Grownups® Awards, with Get Out, Lady Bird, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Shape of Water and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri contending in the Best Picture/Best Movie for Grownups category. The awards celebrate 2017’s standout films with unique appeal to movie lovers with a grownup state of mind and recognize the inspiring artists who make them. Award-winning film and stage actor Alan Cumming will host the star-studded evening at the Beverly Wilshire, Beverly Hills on Monday, February 5.
- Dec 6, 2017Helen Mirren to Receive Career Achievement Honor at AARP The Magazine’s 17th Annual Movies For Grownups® AwardsMFG Awards will be Televised for the First-Time Ever on PBS Series Great Performances
WASHINGTON, DC—AARP The Magazine announced today that Helen Mirren will receive the 2017 Movies for Grownups Career Achievement Award. The AARP Movies for Grownups® multimedia franchise was established in 2002 to celebrate and encourage filmmaking with unique appeal to movie lovers with a grownup state of mind—and recognize the inspiring artists who make them.
Aug 2, 2017TV for Grownups® Celebrates Television Geared for 50-plus Audience; Announces Plans to Launch First Annual TV for Grownups® Awards in 2018
WASHINGTON, DC—AARP launched today its new entertainment initiative TV for Grownups®. Following in the footsteps of its influential Movies for Grownups®, TV for Grownups® aims to connect 50-plus viewers with smart, relevant, entertaining shows and the actors who star in them, plus help demystify the technology associated with home entertainment. AARP also announced it will hold the first annual TV for Grownups® Awards in 2018.
- Mar 29, 2017AARP and Movio Release New Findings on the Impact of Older Moviegoers on Movie Theater Box Office Revenue
AARP announced today findings on a study examining the impact moviegoers ages 50 and older have on the movie business. According to the findings, more than 30-percent of all visits by moviegoers...
- Jan 31, 2017Helen Mirren, Alfre Woodard, Treat Williams, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Lucas Jade Zumann, Sharon Stone, George Takei, Jovan Adepo, Tom Everett Scott and more join host Margo Martindale at a Star-Studded Evening on Monday, Feb. 6 in Los Angeles
Academy Award-winner Helen Mirren, award-winning actresses Alfre Woodard and Sharon Stone, actors Treat Williams, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Lucas Jade Zumann, George Takei, Jovan Adepo and more...