- Jun 7, 2021Inside the June/July Issue of AARP The Magazine: Academy Award®-Winning Actor Matthew McConaughey, Healthy Summer Meals and Spending Smart to Save More
In the June/July 2021 issue of AARP The Magazine (ATM), cover star Matthew McConaughey shares his love of storytelling, explains his decision to stop acting in romantic comedies, and discusses his family’s philosophy of “outlaw logic.” Plus, in a personal essay, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, the lessons he’s learned on and off the court; AARP financial experts provide a “must-have” preparedness guide for financial emergencies; and we take a nostalgic look back at 40 years of the game-changing music video channel, MTV.
- Jun 1, 2021The June 2021 Issue Offers a Bird’s-Eye View of How Extreme Weather Affects Readers’ Health, Wealth, Home and Lifestyles
In this month’s AARP Bulletin special report, we sit down with dozens of experts to get the full picture on how climate change already is affecting insurance rates, allergy levels, home values, travel opportunities and even our ability to go outdoors for a walk.
May 26, 2021Academy Award®-Winning Actor Matthew McConaughey Opens Up About His Career, His Home Life and His Future in AARP The MagazineThe Prolific Actor Reveals His Secrets to Discovering Joy, Raising a Family, Taking Risks and Always Finding a Place to Dance
In an exclusive interview with AARP The Magazine for the June/July 2021 issue, the 51-year-old Academy Award®–winning actor candidly reflects on the diverse array of characters that he has played, his important role as a father, stepping down from his position as the “King of Rom-Coms” and more.
- May 3, 2021May 2021 Issue Offers Specific Advice from Leading Experts on Returning to a Healthier Lifestyle and Living Longer, Stronger, Better
AARP talked with dozen health experts to get their guidance on ways to replace bad habits with better ones. They provided 60 detailed actions you can choose from to return to a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally. Our specialists provide tips to help you in all facets of your health, from shaking off stress to getting a better night's rest.
- Apr 2, 2021Inside the April/May Issue of AARP The Magazine: Michael Douglas, Your Pandemic Recovery Plan and Fraud in the FamilyPLUS: Sharon Stone, Jackson Browne And Rare Interviews With The Titans Of The Gaming Industry
In this issue of AARP The Magazine: All-new conversations with Michael Douglas, Jackson Browne and Sharon Stone, plus a particularly timely health report to help all Americans over 50 recover from the physical and mental effects of a year living with a pandemic. You’ll also find a wide range of smart money information, clever meal prep ideas, what’s next up on TV and in the movies, and much more.
- Apr 1, 2021April Issue Profiles a Mysterious Vigilante Who Spies on Scammers and Reveals Exactly How and Why Frauds Succeed – or Fail
In this month’s issue, we follow an online vigilante into the world of international fraud and learn his strategies for how to stay one step ahead of the scammers.
- Mar 28, 2021Appearances by George Clooney, Sophia Loren, Anthony Hopkins, Andra Day, Catherine O’Hara, Mark Ruffalo, Jodie Foster, Demián Bichir, Aaron Sorkin, Hoda Kotb, Milo Ventimiglia, Lee Daniels and more
On Sunday, March 28, AARP The Magazine’s Movies for Grownups Awards® premiered on Great Performances on PBS, pbs.org/moviesforgrownups and the PBS Video app where it now streams. This is the fourth consecutive year the awards have been broadcast on PBS in a co-production with Great Performances and AARP Studios.
- Mar 25, 2021Michael Douglas, Golden Globe, Emmy and Oscar Award-winning Actor, Shares Life Lessons About His Career, Family, Fatherhood, and the Future in the April/May Issue of AARP The Magazine
WASHINGTON—With an award-winning career in entertainment spanning 50-plus years, Michael Douglas is an icon, but he also holds important titles as a father, grandfather, husband, friend and mentor. The Hollywood vet recalls powerful advice, pivotal college moments and more in his AARP The Magazine cover story.
- Mar 2, 2021Dozens of Top Experts Share Lessons of the Past Year and How They Can Lead to Positive Change for Older Americans in the March Issue
WASHINGTON—For a year, our country has been embroiled in not one but three crises: the COVID-19 pandemic, an economic meltdown and one of the most fraught political transitions in our history....
- Feb 8, 20212020’s Best Movies and TV for Grownups to be Honored on March 28 on PBS
WASHINGTON—AARP The Magazine has announced the nominees for the upcoming Movies for Grownups® Awards, with Minari, Nomadland, One Night in Miami, The Trial of the Chicago 7, and The United...