WASHINGTON–AARP Innovation Labs announced today its collaboration with 10 startups in the 2021 MassChallenge HealthTech and FinTech accelerator programs. MassChallenge, now in its 12th year, accelerates innovation by forming collaborations between later-stage digital health and financial startups with industry-leading organizations, like AARP, to solve some of the greatest challenges in health care and the financial services industry. As part of this work, the startups will present to potential investors and business customers at AARP Innovation Labs’ annual Demo Day on May 25.
“As AARP continues to provide innovative solutions to empower people to choose how they live as they age, it is critical we collaborate with like-minded innovators focused on solving today’s health care and financial challenges, especially as the COVID-19 pandemic endures,” said Andy Miller, Senior Vice President of AARP Innovation Labs. “The startups in this year’s cohort are focusing on some of the biggest issues impacting older adults today, from remote home care to patient monitoring, and managing student debt to home expenses.”
MassChallenge HealthTech startups include:
- Caregather helps friends, families and coworkers come together via a social support network to better support patients and their caregivers during difficult medical moments.
- Kinto is a tech-enabled care coaching service supporting families caring for older adults with dementia.
- Litesprite builds games to help people manage and improve outcomes for chronic health conditions, and delivers its data insights to clinicians and players.
- MindMics helps make monitoring for clinical-grade vital signs simple by analyzing sound waves produced by the body.
- Ōmcare is a digital health company pioneering products that enable remote care in the home.
- TellUs is focused on improving eldercare with dignity and privacy through a solution that monitors and analyzes a person’s health without the use of wearables or video cameras.
- ZIBRIO provides solutions for fall prevention, from precision measurement of balance and fall risk to personalized solutions through software products. ZIBRIO’s SmartScale uses a highly sensitive algorithm to measure one's postural stability and fall risk in a 60-second standing test.
MassChallenge FinTech startups include:
- And Financial is a platform that helps individuals transform student debt into retirement assets. And Financial repackages student loans at lower interest rates while investing some of those payments into a mutual aid fund, specifically targeting the 97% vs the 3% that other loan refinancers do.
- Goalsetter is a premier, Black-owned banking and financial vehicle for families of color – cultivating healthy savings habits from birth to adulthood and offering trusted financial instruments.
- HomeZada is a personal finance/fintech platform for consumers to manage their largest financial asset and largest expense, their home.
For media interested in attending AARP Innovation Labs Demo Day, please register here.
# # #
AARP is the nation’s largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence and nearly 38 million members, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin. To learn more, visit www.aarp.org, www.aarp.org/espanol or follow @AARP, @AARPenEspanol and @AARPadvocates, @AliadosAdelante on social media.