- Oct 17, 2019Incidence of Financial Exploitation Greatly Declines with BankSafe Training, Says First-of-its-Kind Report from AARP and Virginia TechAnalysis shows BankSafe-trained employees save 12 times more money than their peers
Dedicated training for employees of banks and credit unions significantly strengthens the ability to stop financial exploitation incidents before money leaves consumers’ accounts, according to a first-of-its-kind research report published by AARP and Virginia Tech’s Center for Gerontology.
- Oct 17, 2019AARP National Volunteer President Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges Testifies on Capitol Hill About High Prescription Drug Prices and Medicare ImprovementsAARP calls on Congress to rein in high drug prices and strengthen Medicare by including hearing, dental, and vision coverage
WASHINGTON—Today, AARP National Volunteer President Catherine Alicia Georges, EdD, RN, testified at the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee hearing on “Investing in the U.S. Health System by...
- Oct 16, 2019Mirror/Mirror: AARP Survey of Women’s Reflections on Beauty, Age and Media™ Finds Women Want to See a Variety of Ages (and More Realism) in Product Ads
A national survey of nearly 2,000 U.S. women finds a significant number of respondents in their 50s and above feel ignored by the beauty and personal grooming products industries, AARP reported, upon the release of Mirror/Mirror: Survey of Women’s Reflections of Beauty, Image and Media.
- Oct 10, 2019
AARP Chief Executive Officer Jo Ann Jenkins released the following statement in response to today’s announcement of the 2020 cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) in Social Security benefits.
Oct 8, 2019AARP to provide in-kind consulting services to Enwoven, Musical Health Technologies, Pillo Health, Rendever and XRHealth
AARP Innovation Labs announced today that its Hatchery Ventures program has added five new companies to its startup portfolio: Enwoven, Musical Health Technologies, Pillo Health, Rendever, and XRHealth. Through Hatchery Ventures, AARP engages with age-tech start-ups in the seed to Series A stages with the goal of growing and scaling the best versions of their solutions to address consumers’ needs and help people choose how they live as they age.
- Oct 7, 2019AARP Bulletin Provides Four New Rules for Smart Financial Planning
In an AARP Bulletin special report, we throw out outdated advice and detail four essential new rules to take control of your retirement. The feature includes a new way to think about wealth, complete with a worksheet to determine your actual, practical wealth amount.
Oct 7, 2019AARP Foundation Launches MySavingsJar Program Aimed at Helping Older Adults Do More With Their MoneyFree online community resource to help low-income older adults save for unanticipated expenses
AARP Foundation has launched AARP Foundation MySavingsJarTM, an online resource developed to help older adults and their families take small, achievable steps to save money. More than 5,000 individuals have joined the platform since its beta launch in May 2019.
- Oct 4, 2019Justice Department Teams up with AARP and the Oak Ridge Boys to Launch Public Service Announcement to Raise Awareness About Fraud Schemes Targeting Older Americans
The Department of Justice today unveiled a new public service announcement (PSA), created in collaboration with AARP and the Oak Ridge Boys.
- Oct 3, 2019An AARP Health Exclusive: 2019 Medical Breakthroughs that Help You Move Easier, Feel Better and Live Longer
In this month’s issue of ATM, the magazine reveals the newest health super-tools and most important emerging solutions for disease and injury from the leading universities, hospitals and research labs.
- Sep 30, 2019The prolific actor tells tales of his first professional job, his arrival to NYC and how his best friends helped shape his career and outlook on life.