- Dec 17, 201944% of 50+ Adults Now Gamers Compared with 38% in 2016
New research from AARP finds a 14% increase in the number of adults age 50-plus who play online or video games on a monthly basis. Over the past three years, the 50-plus gamer population has grown from 40.2 million in 2016 to 50.6 million gamers in 2019.
Dec 12, 2019
WASHINGTON—AARP Executive Vice President and Chief Advocacy and Engagement Officer Nancy LeaMond released the following statement on today’s vote by the U.S. House of Representatives on H.R....
- Dec 12, 2019AARP Campaign Raising Awareness of Most Common Seasonal Scams
WASHINGTON—Consumer fraud schemes escalate each year during the holidays, and a new research report, “Seasons Cheatings,” from the AARP Fraud Watch Network finds that a significant number of consumers are at risk of becoming victimized by common seasonal scams.
Dec 11, 2019
WASHINGTON—AARP Executive Vice President and Chief Advocacy and Engagement Officer Nancy LeaMond released the following statement urging the U.S. House of Representatives to vote in support of...
Dec 10, 2019
WASHINGTON—AARP Executive Vice President and Chief Advocacy and Engagement Officer Nancy LeaMond released the following statement in response to the patent protections for biologic drugs and...
- Dec 5, 2019Over 4 million Americans at risk of surprise tax increase if medical expense deduction not extended.
WASHINGTON—AARP Senior Vice President for Government Affairs Bill Sweeney released the following statement calling on Congress to extend and make permanent the medical expense deduction before...
- Dec 3, 2019Bill Would Improve Weaknesses in Caller ID Cited in Recent AARP Survey
WASHINGTON—AARP today announced its endorsement of the Pallone-Thune TRACED Act (S. 151), legislation that would help reduce illegal and unwanted robocalls and significantly reduce the risk from consumer fraud schemes.
- Dec 3, 2019AARP and Public Private Strategies Share New Small Business Guide to Support Family Caregiver Employees
WASHINGTON—For National Family Caregivers Month, AARP and Public Private Strategies developed a free Small Business Caregiving Online Resource Guide to help small business owners create family...
- Dec 2, 2019AARP Shares Secrets to a Longer, Healthier Life and Tackles the Loneliness Epidemic, Revealing Medical Causes and Remedies for the Growing Condition
LOS ANGELES—Loneliness is reaching epidemic proportions in America, particularly among those over 50, but there is hope for the issue coming from surprising places: scientific laboratories. This month’s issue of ATM includes a look at the new science of loneliness: who is most likely to succumb to it, the effects it has on physical health and surprising new approaches to tackle the problem that go far beyond simply more social interaction.
- Dec 2, 2019AARP Bulletin Profiles 5 Cities That Are Innovating New Ways to Retain and Serve Americans of All Ages
WASHINGTON—Are you searching for a better lifestyle? Read up on these five American cities, each of which is taking bold steps to become more livable for residents of all ages. In this month’s Bulletin, AARP profiles communities that are showing courage, foresight and commitment to becoming more viable and affordable for its older residents – and investing in changes that serve its younger citizens as well.