- May 1, 2019Participants Encouraged to Walk 30 Minutes a Day from May 1-June 30
AARP launched its 2nd Annual Fit & Fun Health Challenge today with Wellness Ambassador Denise Austin.
- Apr 25, 2019Low Confidence that Savings and Social Security Will Cover Living Expenses
AARP today released a survey that indicates that a majority of U.S. adults may be at risk of a retirement savings gap.
Apr 24, 2019AARP-Branded Fitness Parks Will Offer Exercise Equipment to Local Communities
ST. PETERSBURG, FLA.—Today, AARP CEO Jo Ann Jenkins opened the first of many AARP-branded fitness parks that the organization will donate to local communities to commemorate AARP’s 60th...
- Apr 22, 2019
AARP CEO Jo Ann Jenkins responds to the Social Security and Medicare Trustees’ reports released today.
- Apr 17, 201920 Million Family Caregivers Performing Complex Medical/Nursing Tasks with Little Instruction, Finds New AARP Report
NEW ORLEANS—Half of the nation’s 40 million family caregivers are performing complicated medical/nursing tasks for their family members and friends, including giving injections, preparing...
Apr 8, 2019New AARP Research on Grandparents Busts Stereotypes on Attitudes, Employment, Finances and LifestyleResearch Finds That Age of First-Time Grandparents Rises from 47 to 50; Number of Grandparents in Workforce Increases from 24 to 40 Percent
AARP released its Grandparents Today National Survey highlighting the latest trends among grandparents in the United States. Since 2001 the number of grandparents has grown by 24 percent from 56 million to 70 million. The research found that grandparents spend an average of $2,562 annually on their grandchildren, equaling approximately $179 billion dollars per year. The youngest grandparent is about 38 years old, with 50 being the average age of becoming a first-time grandparent.
- Apr 5, 2019Veteran TV Host Kathie Lee Gifford Reflects on her Career, Widowhood and the Possibility of New Love
Former “Today” show host Kathie Lee Gifford says goodbye to hosting and speaks candidly about her decision to go from iconic TV personality to leading lady in an in-depth interview for the April/May issue of AARP the Magazine (ATM).
- Apr 4, 2019Fish Tales: Daymond John, Jean Chatzky, and America’s Money Mavens Advise Consumers on How to Save MoneyAARP Studios premieres YouTube series on good money management practices
Most Americans feel uneasy about their money management and financial futures. To help address these concerns and provide actionable tips and consumers can take today, AARP Studios announced today a new five-part Fishing for Advice video series.
- Apr 4, 2019Average Brand-Name Drug Price Now Over 18 Times Higher Than Average Generic Drug Price, New AARP Report Shows
WASHINGTON—The average annual cost of therapy for one widely used brand-name prescription drug in 2017 was over 18 times higher than the cost of therapy for one generic drug, according to a new...
Apr 3, 2019AARP Applauds Energy and Commerce Committee for Action on CREATES Act and the Protecting Consumer Access to Generic Drugs Act of 2019
WASHINGTON—The following is a statement from AARP Executive Vice President and Chief Advocacy & Engagement Officer Nancy LeaMond on the approval of two bills endorsed by AARP: Creating and...