- Sep 23, 2019The Disrupt Aging® Collection is key to AARP’s multi-year initiative to reshape the image of aging
In collaboration with Getty Images, AARP launched The Disrupt Aging® Collection at Advertising Week New York. This program paints a more accurate portrait of how people age in today’s society. The new collection contains more than 1,400 images that challenge stereotypes around aging, portraying the active lifestyle of consumers 50-plus, while telling a more authentic story of how people live as they age.
Sep 19, 2019
WASHINGTON—AARP Executive Vice President and Chief Advocacy and Engagement Officer Nancy LeaMond released the following statement today, applauding the introduction of legislation in the U.S....
- Sep 19, 2019New Report Shows Retail Drug Prices Have Increased Faster Than Inflation for at Least 12 Straight YearsAARP analysis finds the average annual price for widely used prescription drugs is nearly $20,000
WASHINGTON—A new AARP Public Policy Institute report, released today, shows that retail prices for a combined set of 754 widely used brand name, generic, and specialty prescription drugs...
- Sep 18, 2019New Center for State and Local Government Excellence Research Examines Variable Arrangements for Public Pension PlansWebinar Scheduled for October 8th to Review Report
A new report from the Center for State and Local Government Excellence (SLGE) and AARP provides policymakers and stakeholders with an overview of the use of variable benefit and contribution arrangements in public pension plans.
Sep 13, 2019New Book Challenges Outdated Notions of Aging and Senior Living
Baltimore—As the U.S. experiences unprecedented growth in its aging population, a new book, Disrupting the Status Quo of Senior Living: A Mindshift (Health Professions Press/AARP), makes the...
Sep 10, 2019Advocates File Lawsuit on Behalf of St. Clare’s Pensioners Against the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany, St. Clare’s Corporation, and Bishops
Schenectady, NY—Three organizations and a solo attorney filed a lawsuit at the Schenectady County Supreme Court this morning against the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany and its agents. The...
- Sep 10, 2019“Retailers Can Score Big” through Key Changes, Survey Reveals
In-store shopping is a struggle for nearly one-third (31%) of America’s 40 million unpaid family caregivers, according to a new survey from AARP. Caregivers say a lack of accommodations for their family members is a problem for shopping in-store
- Sep 4, 2019AARP Bulletin Provides A Comprehensive Report On What Older Americans Should Know About Using Marijuana To Treat Medical Conditions
In an AARP Bulletin special report, experts explain where marijuana is legal, if it is safe to use and the many forms in which it is sold. Additionally, AARP investigates issues surrounding the 2020 census, the first in U.S. history that will be primarily digital.
Aug 28, 2019
Co-produced by the Great Performances series, the 19th Annual Movies for Grownups Awards with AARP The Magazine will be broadcast on Sunday, January 19, 2020 on PBS.
Aug 27, 2019Contest Celebrates Sisterhood and 1st Anniversary of “Sisters from AARP” Newsletter with a Sam Fine Makeover PrizeFine Has Graced the Faces of Several African American A-List Celebrities – Next Could Be You and a Bestie
Sisters from AARP, a digital newsletter celebrating Gen-X and Baby Boomer African American women, today announced its “Sisterhood is Beautiful” contest, in which subscribers submit stories describing the moment that transformed a friend into a cherished sister-friend.