- Feb 18, 2019Most providers expect to work with caregivers even more in next few years
WASHINGTON—Primary care providers agree, almost unanimously, that family caregivers play a vital role in patient care and in better patient outcomes, according to a new survey by AARP Research.
Feb 14, 2019Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act is “Crucial Legislation”
AARP announced today its strong endorsement of bipartisan legislation that would combat age discrimination and defend the rights of older workers.
- Feb 14, 2019New episodes premiere each Thursday on AARP’s YouTube Channel
AARP Studios’ latest original YouTube series Date My Grandma is all about making new connections, perhaps even a love connection. In each episode, viewers meet a single grandma whose grandkids help vet suitors and set up a blind date.
Feb 12, 2019Seeking Your Valentine Online? Beware: More Than One-Fourth in New Survey Confirm First-Hand Accounts of Relationship ScamsAARP Campaign Warns: ‘Protect your Heart and Your Money’
As Valentine’s Day approaches and millions of Americans meet others on matchmaking websites, dating apps and social media, 27 percent of those polled in a new AARP survey reported that they, a family member or a friend have encountered attempted financial scams while seeking friendship or love interest online.
- Feb 12, 2019Great Performances Presents Movies for Grownups Awards with AARP The Magazine Premiering Friday, February 15 on PBSHosted by Martin Short and featuring appearances by Shirley MacLaine, Viggo Mortensen, Glenn Close, Spike Lee, Mahershala Ali, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kathy Bates, Barry Jenkins, Rami Malek, Topher Grace, Edward James Olmos, Marina de Tavira, Peter Farrelly, Joe Mazzello, Ben Hardy, Lucy Boynton, Richard E. Grant, Michael Douglas, Catherine O’Hara, Linda Cardellini, Nicole Holofcener, Jeff Whitty, Dolly Wells, Rob Marshall, Blythe Danner, Robert Forster, Morgan Neville, John Rogers, and more
Hosted by Tony Award-winning actor and comedian Martin Short, Great Performances – Movies for Grownups® Awards with AARP The Magazine premieres nationwide Friday, February 15 at 9 p.m. on PBS (check local listings) and will be available to stream beginning February 16 on pbs.org/moviesforgrownups and PBS apps. This is the second consecutive year the awards will be broadcast on PBS in a co-production with Great Performances.
- Feb 7, 2019Legendary Comedian and AARP Movies for Grownups® Awards Host Martin Short Opens Up About Comedy, Touring with Steve Martin and Losing the Love of his Life
WASHINGTON—Tony Award-winning comedian Martin Short shares his thoughts on film, friends and the pursuit of happiness in an exclusive interview Q&A for the February/March issue of AARP The Magazine (ATM). On February 4, Short hosted AARP’s star-studded 18th Annual Movies for Grownups® Awards, airing on Friday, February 15 at 9 p.m. ET on PBS (check local listings) and streaming the following day on pbs.org/gperf and PBS apps.
Feb 5, 2019
WASHINGTON, DC—AARP CEO Jo Ann Jenkins released the following statement in response to the State of the Union address this evening: “In tonight’s State of the Union address, AARP was...
- Feb 5, 2019
Appearances by Shirley MacLaine, Viggo Mortensen, Glenn Close, Spike Lee, Mahershala Ali, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kathy Bates, Barry Jenkins, Rami Malek, Topher Grace, Edward James Olmos, Marina de...
Feb 1, 2019
Beginning today and continuing through April 15, AARP Foundation is providing free tax assistance and preparation through its Tax-Aide program. AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest free tax assistance and preparation service.
- Jan 31, 2019“Marvelous” Martin Short Reflects on Comedy, Movies and Aging in the February/March Issue of AARP The MagazineHollywood’s beloved comedian will host AARP’s 18th Annual Movies for Grownups Awards on February 4 in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES—Tony Award-winning comedian and SNL alum Martin Short shares his thoughts on film, friends and the pursuit of happiness in an exclusive interview for the February/March issue of AARP The Magazine (ATM). On February 4, Short will host AARP’s star-studded 18th Annual Movies for Grownups® Awards, airing on PBS on Friday, February 15 at 9 p.m. on PBS (check local listings) and streaming the following day on pbs.org/gperf and PBS apps.