WASHINGTON—“Today’s Tips from AARP” is a new podcast that helps listeners take concrete steps for living a positive and healthy life, with a new theme each episode – from surprising hacks for a better night's sleep to how to handle self-care when you’re also caring for a kid or parent. Listeners can expect practical tips that cover health and wellness, financial planning, fraud, caregiving, technology and much more.
“In today's fast-paced world, finding time for personal growth can be a challenge. ‘Today’s Tips’ offers valuable insights on a wide range of topics – all in under five minutes – which is perfect for listeners who have busy schedules,” said Martha Boudreau, AARP Chief Communications and Marketing Officer. “AARP is a powerhouse of news and insights for Americans 50-plus and we are expanding our reach and engagement with the fastest growing audience for podcasts with ‘Today’s Tips.’”
In its first week, the podcast rose to #1 in the Apple Podcasts Education category and #22 overall on the Apple Podcast charts. With this launch, AARP continues to grow its lineup of high-quality podcasts, including the award-winning podcast “The Perfect Scam.”
To celebrate the introduction of "Today's Tips from AARP," the podcast is debuting with five episodes:
- Episode 1: "Digital Declutter | Spring Cleaning Tips": Take spring cleaning to the next level with digital decluttering tips: clearing data that’s a magnet for cybercrime, deleting what drains your energy and changing your passwords to keep your info safe.
- Episode 2: "From A to Zzz | Sleep Tips": Almost 30 percent of adults have insomnia, so if you have trouble drifting off or staying asleep, you’re not alone. Work towards better sleep with our three easy tips about the importance of sunlight, sleeping positions and why seven hours – not eight – may be the magic number for the most restful sleep.
- Episode 3: "Talking With Tails | Pet Communication Tips": Studies show dogs and cats can tell when we're happy, angry or sad. Decode what your pet’s body language could mean with our tips on understanding your dog's smile, tail wagging and even your cat rolling on their back.
- Episode 4: "Family Fun Not Feud | Family Gathering Tips": Getting together with your family can be fun – until it’s not. We have tips on keeping your next family gathering as stress-free as possible by planning for when things get weird, finding a support buddy and keeping conversations from getting too personal.
- Episode 5: "Cart Conscious | Grocery Tips": Groceries are way more expensive than they were just a few months ago. Learn how to save money on your next grocery run by paying in cash, buying in bulk and shopping for produce in the frozen aisle.
All episodes of “Today’s Tips from AARP” are available for streaming now at AARP.org/todaystips and on all major podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and more. New episodes will be released every Tuesday and Friday.
AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to the more than 100 million Americans 50-plus and their families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin. To learn more, visit www.aarp.org/about-aarp/, www.aarp.org/español or follow @AARP, @AARPenEspañol and @AARPadvocates on social media.