Jan 15, 2020Senate Consideration of POWADA Is Urged
WASHINGTON—AARP praised the U.S. House of Representatives’ vote today approving bipartisan legislation to combat age discrimination — the “Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination...
Dec 18, 2019Findings Show Women 50-plus Are Concerned about Health Care, Drug Prices and Economy
WASHINGTON—Today AARP released the findings of a nationwide poll that explores the priorities and concerns of a key group of voters that could help determine the 2020 presidential election and...
- Nov 11, 2019Research Finds Unexpected Money Emergencies & Imprudent Responses Are Common
Reacting to new research that shows one-half of adults have experienced an unexpected financial challenge in the past year, AARP today launched AARP MoneyMap™, a free online tool that helps consumers deal with unanticipated financial emergencies.
- Oct 24, 2019AARP and the Ad Council Launch “Tribute to Our Sheroes” Retirement Savings Campaign to Give Black Women Free Personalized Retirement Savings Tips
NEW YORK–AARP and the Ad Council have teamed up to launch the “Tribute to Our Sheroes” retirement savings campaign to help Black women boost their retirement savings. Launching October 24th, “
- Oct 17, 2019Incidence of Financial Exploitation Greatly Declines with BankSafe Training, Says First-of-its-Kind Report from AARP and Virginia TechAnalysis shows BankSafe-trained employees save 12 times more money than their peers
Dedicated training for employees of banks and credit unions significantly strengthens the ability to stop financial exploitation incidents before money leaves consumers’ accounts, according to a first-of-its-kind research report published by AARP and Virginia Tech’s Center for Gerontology.
- Oct 10, 2019
AARP Chief Executive Officer Jo Ann Jenkins released the following statement in response to today’s announcement of the 2020 cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) in Social Security benefits.
- Oct 4, 2019Justice Department Teams up with AARP and the Oak Ridge Boys to Launch Public Service Announcement to Raise Awareness About Fraud Schemes Targeting Older Americans
The Department of Justice today unveiled a new public service announcement (PSA), created in collaboration with AARP and the Oak Ridge Boys.
- Sep 18, 2019New Center for State and Local Government Excellence Research Examines Variable Arrangements for Public Pension PlansWebinar Scheduled for October 8th to Review Report
A new report from the Center for State and Local Government Excellence (SLGE) and AARP provides policymakers and stakeholders with an overview of the use of variable benefit and contribution arrangements in public pension plans.
Jul 23, 2019Seventeen Candidates Share Plans to Address High Prescription Drug Prices, Medicare and Social Security
WASHINGTON—AARP released today its "AARP Asks the Candidates" video series featuring 17 presidential candidates and their plans to address high prescription drug prices, Medicare and Social...
Jul 17, 2019Bill Would Improve Weaknesses in Caller ID Exposed by Recent AARP Survey
AARP today announced its endorsement of bipartisan legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives that would reduce abusive robocall practices.