WASHINGTON, DC — Take charge of your health with AARP The Magazine's Special Edition Health & Wellness Issue, the only digital health magazine for people ages 50-plus. The issue unveiled today offers inspirational advice and practical tips to help you get fit, eat better and live a healthier life—and provides an enhanced experience with interactive features and content.
"We all know that in order to live your best life as you age, you have to take charge of your health," says AARP Health & Wellness Editor Gabi Redford. "The good news is that it's never too late to start. In this special edition, we're pleased to offer tips and guidance to inspire men and women age 50-plus to live healthier lives."
The Health & Wellness Issue is filled with exclusive advice from some of the nation's top experts, including fitness guru Denise Austin, world-renowned big wave surfer Laird Hamilton, and CNN medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta, who shares how he makes personal health a priority in his busy life.
Here's a peek at some of the exclusive content:
- What to Expect in Your 50s, 60s and 70s: Learn what happens to our bodies at different ages and the steps you can take to help prevent or cope with certain health problems.
- America's Top Doctors Answer Your Health Questions: Learn the secrets to living well at any age from some of the nation's top physicians.
- Work Out with Denise Austin: Follow along with AARP's new wellness ambassador as she walks you through two of her favorite workouts.
- Laird Hamilton and Gabby Reece—Fitness for Couples, A Love Story: Meet America's fittest couple as they give you 12 strategies on healthy living and relationships.
- How to Read the New Food Labels: Read how the new Nutrition Facts labels coming in 2018 will make it easier for consumers to make better informed food choices.
- Walking—The Best Exercise for Any Health Woe: Learn different types of walking workouts designed to help ease diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, depression and more.
AARP The Magazine's Health & Wellness digital magazine for tablet is available free to AARP members. To access the issue, download the free AARP Publications Tablet App in the iTunes Store or Google Play Store. The desktop version of the digital magazine is also available (free to AARP members and non-members) at www.aarp.org/healthmag.
# # #
AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering Americans 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With nearly 38 million members and offices in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and advocate for what matters most to families with a focus on health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also works for individuals in the marketplace by sparking new solutions and allowing carefully chosen, high-quality products and services to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world's largest circulation publications, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin. To learn more, visit www.aarp.org or follow @AARP and @AARPadvocates on social media.