Guided by its mission to empowering people to choose how they live as they age, AARP collaborated with several of America’s top money mavens to provide consumers with practical and useful financial advice.
WASHINGTON—Good money management and budgeting skills are crucial to financial and retirement planning. However, according to a joint AARP-Ad Council survey, most Americans feel uneasy about their money management and financial futures. To help address these concerns and provide actionable tips and consumers can take today, AARP Studios announced today a new five-part Fishing for Advice video series.
Guided by its mission to empowering people to choose how they live as they age, AARP collaborated with several of America’s top money mavens to provide consumers with practical and useful financial advice. Throughout the series, AARP Financial Ambassador Jean Chatzky and other money gurus ‘fish’ for questions asked by AARP members and then provide their financial guidance on each topic.
“Navigating all the concerns around personal finance and retirement can be intimidating.” AARP Studios Vice President Jeffrey Eagle expressed. “So we decided to get playful and go ‘fishing’ with these financial gurus and ask them what people really want to know about wise spending and better budgeting for retirement. Turns out, we caught some insightful tips.”
Episodes of Fishing for Advice will be released weekly starting on Thursday, April 4 and can be viewed on the AARP Studios YouTube page. In these episodes, financial gurus look back on their worst money decisions and dissect retirement planning into easily understandable concepts, doing everything they can do to empower viewers to become money masters.
Featured financial experts in the YouTube series include:
- Daymond John, Star of ABC’s Shark Tank and Founder & CEO of FUBU
- Jean Chatzky, Financial editor of NBC TODAY and AARP Financial Ambassador
- Liz Weston, Financial Columnist/Podcaster, Nerd Wallet
- Tai and Talaat McNeely, Financial Authors, His and Her Money
- Chris Hogan, Financial Author/Columnist, The Chris Hogan Show
- Winnie Sun, Financial Podcaster, Sun Group Wealth Partners
- Rosemarie Groner, Financial Podcaster, The Busy Budgeter
- Joseph Hogue, Financial Podcaster, PeerFinance101
- Kathy Kristoff, Financial Author/Columnist, SideHusl.com
- Lacey Langford, The Military Money Expert
- Stephanie O’Connell, Financial Podcaster, The Broke & Beautiful
- JD Roth, Financial Podcaster, Get Rich Slowly
- Joe Saul-Sehy, Financial Podcaster, Stacking Benjamins
- Sarah Wilson, Financial Podcaster, Budget Girl
# # #
AARP is the nation’s largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence and nearly 38 million members, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin. To learn more, visit www.aarp.org or follow @AARP and @AARPadvocates on social media.